Life Sciences Optics
Product LiteratureThe inherently interdisciplinary nature of developing applications and instrumentation for the life sciences requires a high level of collaboration between scientists and engineers across the areas of optics, mechanics, materials, chemistry and biology. Designers also face increasingly shorter product development cycles and lower R&D budgets. To foster fundamental research and realize product innovation in the life sciences, Lambda Research Corporation offers software tools that not only facilitate optical design but facilitate the application development process by communicating design elements and system performance across disciplines.
TracePro for Life Sciences Applications Data Sheet
- Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Raman Spectroscopy
- UV, VIS, NIR, IR Spectroscopy
- Flow Cytometry
- Micro Arrays & Plate Readers
- Nucleic Acid Amplification
- Assay, Cell & Tissue Based Imaging
- Confocal Laser Scanning & Fluorescence Microscopy
- Medical Imaging & Endoscopy
- In-Vitro Diagnostics
- In-Vivo Diagnostics
- Molecular Detection: Quantum Dots & Nanocrystals
- Molecular Detection: Luminescent Reporters
- Laser and LED Surgical Devices
- Laser Beam Delivery Systems for Surgical Instrumentation
- Laser Induced Fluorescence Detection (LIF)
- Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET)
TracePro for the Life Sciences
TracePro is a comprehensive, versatile software tool for modeling the propagation of light in imaging and non-imaging opto-mechanical systems. Models are created by importing from a lens design program or a CAD program or by directly creating the solid geometry in TracePro. Source rays propagate through the model with portions of the flux of each ray allocated for absorption, specular reflection and transmission, fluorescence and scattering. From the model, analyze:
- Light distributions in illumination and imaging systems
- Stray light, scattered light and aperture diffraction
- Throughput, loss, or system transmittance
- Flux or power absorbed by surfaces and bulk media
- Light scattering in biological tissue
- Polarization effects
- Fluorescence effects
- Birefringence effects
TracePro suite of design tools enable product development teams to compete for first-to-market while complying with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and minimizing the cost and time associated with iterative hardware prototyping and laboratory and clinical testing. TracePro's interoperability with CAD and lens design software as well as its ability to import material properties from measure biological samples allow scientists and engineers across the fields of analytical or clinical chemistry, optics, mechanics, material science and microbiology to effectively communicating system level specifications and design elements.
Download and view the two page life sciences brochure here.
|© Lambda Research Corporation. Optical Design Software leader. All rights reserved.